Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Online Dating

I have never had the urge to join an online dating site, with the exception to one where I joined when I was 18. It was an online dating site for those who were in the alternative culture, aka "goths", "punks" and "vampires". Nothing came of it and it was kind of silly looking back, at least my photos were kind of silly.

I ended up joining two sites, SD and SA.com. I joined SD first and found them to be a rip off. Seriously, paying just to read your messages? I guess that is a popular scheme though because from reading other blogs, e-harmony and match.com seem to do the same. I purchased a membership and had my inbox fill up. I won't lie, it was quite the ego boost.

I chatted with a few and even exchanged a few photos but nothing came out of SD. The majority of these men were looking for a traditional relationship and bashed "gold diggers". I mean, are you serious? You do realize that this website is called "Sugardaddie" after all. After 2 weeks, I closed my account and opened one with SA.

SA was a lot more promising and cheaper! It also had a lot more functions and many were looking for an arrangement. I still could not fathom those who were looking for a traditional relationship on such a site; you men should be on match.com!!!

Although my inbox was filling up at a steady pace, not all messages were of quality. I had those who were straight up crude, brash and trashy; however, there were also a handful of decent ones. Some straight up gave me their phone numbers which I though was hastey. I realized later that they are the serious ones who cut through the bullshit. That's what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment